Suunto CObra Pc interface

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are you still able to use the Suunto software without any problems?

...is the software used to interface with the Suunto computers, regardless of the interface used.

Jamie/Roli's interface uses the Suunto software without any problems.

Andrew

Yes they should. However, I have read that the Aladintec user built interfaces couldn't perform the entire functionality of the OEM. So just curious as to whether the interface was 100% compatible or 99%

DrSteve once bubbled...
... just curious as to whether the interface was 100% compatible or 99%

The user-built interface Suunto allows you to use both the download and configuration functions of the Suunto software.

You can download all your profiles and history.

You can also set user-configurable items in you dive computer. You can reset the dive memory as well as change items like sample period and user details (I've entered my name and cellphone number in case I lose it and the person who finds it has also built his own interface :wink: ). The configurable items you can change depends on your computer model and is determined by the software.

AFAIK, that is everything that is available from the software (SDM)and all that is needed to get the most from your Suunto computer.

I must add that building your own interface is a highly satisfying endeavour. The thrill of constructing a (fairly simple) board and connecting it to find that IT WORKS is great.

I have now made interfaces for a friend and my father and I am still going strong.

It's WAY cheaper! It's 100% compatible! It works!

(And no, I don't work for Jamie :D )

[As an aside: I don't own an Aladin, but from what I have read on the various home-brewer pages, the functionality of the Aladin interface depends on how much effort you want to put into constructing it. There is a bog-simple version (consisting of about 5 components) that's good for downloading and an advanced version (plenty components) for configuring. But this information is best gleaned from threads related to that particular interface.]

Cheers,

Andrew

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom