Suunto Cobra 3 with QD vs. Oceanic OCS!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sentic1989

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hey! i'm looking to replace my console and i have a couple of really good options available to me which are being sold locally to me at a reduced price, but i am at catch 22!

My friend is selling his cobra 3, it has about 20 logged dives on it and been put into a draw for the last 3 years due to ill health and he'll accept 300e for it mates rates. only trouble is i am a little worried because i am putting all my instruments into one console. if it happens to break down / flood / faulty, then i will not be covered by warranty.

However i also have another friend selling an oceanic ocs watch styled computer brand new, never touched the water, still covered by warranty for another 22 months for just 270 euros. i've seen this computer for 350euros so to me thats an absolute bargain!

the down side is that i would need to purchase a pressure gauge which'll effectively cost me more than than the Cobra 3 in the long run...

What would you guys do? does anybody highly recommend either of these consoles? are either prone to pressure sensor issues? Which has the best compass?

I also have a Cobra 3, and I love it..... I've never had a problem reading it in different conditions. That being said, Suunto is a stickler for 'original owner, original warranty', and if anything goes wrong after you buy it, you're on your own.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom