Suunto Cobra(3) Owners (or Ex-Owners): Tell me about your experiences please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

beanojones

Contributor
Reaction score
Suunto Cobra, or Cobra3 Owners (or Ex-Owners): Tell me about your experiences please

Has the computer ever locked you out of your pressure gauge from dead battery or blown deco?

Would you buy it again, given the choice?

Does it lock out of tank pressure readings when you blow your deco? (I am going to test dive one, and the only thing I can think to test it, is to put it on a pony, and leave it at 100 feet on the first dive, and come back and get it on the second, and see if I can still get tank info from it on the third dive.)

I have owned my Cobra 3 for 7 months now. I haven't had it lock me out but I haven't blown a deco stop (mandatory safety stop). I understand that even if the computer functions are suspended due to ascent rate or other violations, the guage mode will still work. I am curious to hear how your test dive goes.

To answer your other question, I would buy one again, given the choice. I really love the dive manager software. When I get back from a dive and hook it up to my computer, I immediately look at my dive profile and all of my dive log info with virtually no work from me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom