Suunto Cobra 2 Sample Rate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Razz

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I have the Suunto Cobra 2 dive computer. The default sample rate is set to 20 seconds. I changed this to 10 seconds thinking that the additional data would be useful. The sample rates may be set to one reading every 1, 10, 20, 30, or 60 seconds. What is the prevailing thought as to what the optimal sample rate should be set to? Thanks.

The sample intervals will not make a difference with regards to usefulness of data except maybe for depth/buoyancy, thus very short sample points (10 seconds or less).

Thanks for the reply. I reset the computer to the default which is 20 seconds.

So what is the disadvantage of using a 10 sec sampling rate? I just set that in my Vyper as I found the Dive Manager depth profile is missing too much detail with the 20 sec sampling.

Adam

That was my concern as well. I suppose that the only drawback would be the memory that is utilized. The computer would be able to store less dives do to the increased information per dive. I am going to Aruba next week. I'm going to try the 20 second intervals and see how it goes. I will be curious to see the perceived difference in SDM 3.1

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom