Surplus Hyperfilter Canisters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stone

Contributor
Reaction score
We live in Valparaiso, FL and dive out of Destin,
Attached are a couple of pictures of a bank of hyperfilter canisters that a friend gave me. I've just started my research, and I plan to talk to Lawrence-Factor and my local Hydro station. Comments from anyone experienced with hyperfilters (especially 30-year-old mil surplus) would be appreciated.

Can I assume 2 or 3 canisters would be plenty for a 5 cfm compressor?
How does one determine if the canisters are still servicable? Hydro?

By the way, the original manufacturer is Aero-Dri (now owned by a company named Kiko).

Thanks!

Cute! Are they alu or steel?

I tend to be suspicious of used/surplus alu pressure containers, just because alu fatigues worse than steel, and alu filter housings tend to be rated for a specific number of cycles, which is much less than a comparable steel housing. And God knows what alu they were using then.

You might want to check with the folks who are always selling mil-surplus HP compressors and filters on ebay, they seem to have a lot of experience with surplus and may have some advice.

As to how many, easiest way is to measure the space and or cartridge, and compare it with commercial units. Don't know if its for home or biz, but I think a lot of guys overfilter home compressors, then don't change the filters enough. Age as well as volume takes its toll.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom