Surgical Bungee Necklace

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I agree with awap. A lot of people are taught to grab an octo. When they are out of air might not be a good time for a discussion on DIR. A small loop of bungy or similar (I use a large o-ring) around the moutpiece that lets the reg be pulled out might be useful one day.

I couldn't open the picture but the clip is usually for clipping the reg to the harness when using stages. It is also useful when passing the kit up to the boat.

DameDykker,

Only the surgical tubing on the backup pic is mine, and that's an old pic before I started using bungee. The northeastdir photos are a seperate website.

I use the clip on the primary mostly on the boat - it's easier to keep the reg clipped off to a d-ring while donning and doffing gear, than having a 7' hose flopping around. Plus you can clip it off when using a deco or stage bottle, or, just leave the long hose hanging over the back of your neck. But I'm just getting into carrying a sling bottle, so it's more a matter of convenience while gearing up for me.

cheers

Ben

The clip is so that you can clip of your reg ANYTIME it is out of your mouth.

If you do not know the right answer - then why bother guess? Misinformation is cheap.

Sorry to flame you guys, but really, get a clue.

On a different note, if someone is pulling on your BU during a dive, I sure hope it is not the buddy you briefed on your equipment prior to the dive.

The slip knot on the bungee necklace is easier to move and it does not deteriorate as fast in salt ater as the tubing does, but it really does not matter.
Btw - REI sells bungee for - oh - _¢2 per foot... You need right about 2 1/2 foot all depending on the amount of meat on your neck - that would be about 30 cm for those who speak metric.

Dane

WetDane once bubbled...
The clip is so that you can clip of your reg ANYTIME it is out of your mouth.

If you do not know the right answer - then why bother guess? Misinformation is cheap.

Sorry to flame you guys, but really, get a clue.
There's no guessing going on, WetDane - only yours. I have a bolt snapped attached to my regs, rigged the same way as in the photo, the linked photos just aren't mine. It's been that way for 40 dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom