surface

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Makushr1

Registered
Reaction score
anyone watch the NBC show SURFACE? Any thoughts one it? I like how in the first show, the guy went down to like 240ft. pretty damn deep.

On air?

Yes. Wasn't intentional, his brother shot a sea monster & was being dragged off, he followed for a bit.

I like it, but it's a cheesy poof show. Don't look for any semblance of technical accuracy.

for some reason my wife loves that show

(i don't watch tv)

I missed it the first time but have caught it in reruns and I think I am now hooked. I try to watch it every Monday. The diving might not be all true but at least it has some diving. And I have been trying to watch any TV that has diving.

I can't believe it... the show has started up again with new episodes. OK, OK... yes, I watch it... but only for the attractive marine biologist!

Wayward pegged it, its a cheesey poof show. Of course I watch it whenever I can. :)

Its one of those things you're not proud of..., reminds me of being in Junior High School and coming home each day to watch a soap opera called "Dark Shadows" that involved this warped vampire unit named Barnabas Collins. Pure cheesey poof! Loved it! :D

Makushr1:
I like how in the first show, the guy went down to like 240ft.
I can buy that, but I have a lot more trouble with the bathosphere they built out of an old boiler in a weekend, and then rode to the bottom of the abyss without testing it.

Oh well, it's a fun show if you don't take it too seriously.

Doc Intrepid:
Its one of those things you're not proud of..., reminds me of being in Junior High School and coming home each day to watch a soap opera called "Dark Shadows" that involved this warped vampire unit named Barnabas Collins. Pure cheesey poof! Loved it! :D

I remember that show, but I was in grade school at the time it ran. Of course, we only had two channels and I think Lawrence Welk reruns ran on the other. Barnabas is the only character I can remember from the show.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom