Surface markers - taller?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gkndivebum

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
Hey Tobin -

Here's a request for taller (1.5M/5ft +) surface markers based on your current design (which is inspired, btw).

Did some drifting deco in high seas recently and the smaller SMBs were a bit short.

Being a NAUI Tech guy both yellow (follow me) and red (send gas) would be great.

I can promise orders for at least 3 of each color right now, and probably more.

Hey Tobin -

Here's a request for taller (1.5M/5ft +) surface markers based on your current design (which is inspired, btw).

Did some drifting deco in high seas recently and the smaller SMBs were a bit short.

Being a NAUI Tech guy both yellow (follow me) and red (send gas) would be great.

I can promise orders for at least 3 of each color right now, and probably more.

Gk,

The design of the 1 meter SMB doesn't scale up to a 1.5 meter bag. The key design feature of the 1 meter bag is the ability to fill it with one breath (or less).

Conventional larger bags require multiple breaths or power (LP hose) inflation.

I will not argue that there are no applications for taller bags. The reality is that many larger volume bags reach the surface less than fully filled. Once these partially filled bags are pulled down sufficiently to make them "stand proud" they are effectively shorter than the current 1 meter design.

Having said that I do have a design concept for a taller bag that will hopefully retain the advantages of the current 1 meter bag. I just need to find the time to build it.

When it's ready I promise not to keep it a secret. :wink:

Tobin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom