Surface Interval Wardrobe ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Kraken:
If there is even the most remote chance that the weather will turn sour, I carry a set of sweats and a gortex 2 piece hooded rain suit. The jacket stays in the dive bag regardless, makes an excellent wind breaker.

In the cold weather I just go to thicker, layered setup including a "watch cap" (toque).

the K

Trust me, my SI outfit is pretty bad as it is :wink: I will get pics to post. This past weekend my buddy AND the LDS owner were making fun of me for wearing mittens (the kind that have finger gloves inside the mitten) just because it was like 65F out. My hands were cold darn it! I may considor the hat with the ear flaps but I will definately post pics of the red cap when I find one, with my ears not covered of course. :wink: Has anybody ever wondered why they wear them that way? Spoon will also see that it is physically impossible for me to be "studly" due to my gender :wink:

In my considered opinion, anyone who makes fun of another person for wearing clothing that protects him/her from the elements and keeps the body warm is a complete jackass, idiot, fool and someone whose opinion is not worth a poot in a pie factory.

Well, now that I have THAT off my chest . . . . :soapbox:

the K

The Kraken:
In my considered opinion, anyone who makes fun of another person for wearing clothing that protects him/her from the elements and keeps the body warm is a complete jackass, idiot, fool and someone whose opinion is not worth a poot in a pie factory.

Well, now that I have THAT off my chest . . . . :soapbox:

the K
Someone needs their coffee this morning :D

Although, in principle, I agree with you. I have a friend that I used to off-shore fish with all of the time. If you would have seen some of the stuff we wore to keep warm in the winter off of the outer banks, you'd have been impressed. Breaking ice at the dock to put the boat in... ahh, good times. We had "fishing clothes" and "regular clothes" and never the two should meet--not even in the washing machine :)

Chris

Bah, just because I get made fun of about my mittens doesn't mean I'd take them off. :wink:
I have "weekend clothes" and "week day clothes" and I definately would not be seen anywhere besides the LDS or dive site in the "weekend clothes" :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom