support mac?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aslscuba

Registered
Reaction score
any chance finding which computer support mac for upload logs or do i have to wait until fall? seem most are for pc. i have snow leopard latest version and there will come up new version of lion later on...meanwhile where do i find basic watch for temporary along with table until there is mac support? I'm new diver by the way... thanks

Another vote for MacDive. I use it with my TUSA Zen.

There are lots of options for divers wanting to download profiles to a Mac.
If computer download is important to you, you need to ensure that whatever dive computer you purchase works with a Mac.
MacDive is an excellent piece of third-party software that supports many different makes and models of dive computers. The supported devices list is impressive, numbering over 50 computers!

Unfortunately, dive manufacturers have historically gouged consumers by charging $100 or more for PC download cables. Pretty ridiculous.
If you anticipate ever having to purchase 2 of those download cables (e.g, you switch brands for your 2nd dive computer), it would probably make more sense to go with a separate dive logger like Reefnet's Sensus Ultra. I have one of these. It works great with my Mac. The free dive-logging software is simple but sufficient.

Another plug for MacDive. As developers of Atomic's Cobalt computer and Mac users ourselves we're committed to providing "official" Mac support (and do include the download adapter and cables). But I would not worry about whether the computer manufacturer's download software supports the Mac if MacDive does. There is no reason you need to use the computer manufacturer's supplied software for dive logging.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom