Support America's Servicemembers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks Chickdiver,
Like several others here, I have friends who are currently deployed. I was trying to think of a way I could help and your link to the phone card site is a great idea.

In the past it was possible to send a letter to "servicemember", however, this is no longer possible dur\e to fears of biological agents being introduced via letters. It is still possible to send email from a couple of the websites I listed in the beginning of this thread. The USO also has some programs for sending care packages to servicemembers overseas- check with your local office. Also, according to my friends just getting a card or a note from anyone back home brightens the day, so don't forget about anyone you know personally, wherever they may be in the world. One of my friends says the whole squadron looks forward to my cookies, so..... Anyway, just a couple of ideas.

Thanks for the other ideas. My Fiance and I were thinking of that as well. Just thought ot throw it out and see what else people came up with
Eric

It ends quickly and as clean as possible.

We Israelis know that you might know how the war starts but it's hard to guess how it will end.

I pray for all of the servicemembers now in the Gulf. They have my deepest appreciation and respect. God bless them.

Ari :)

Right on CD! Thanks for posting this.

Godspeed to all our service men and women.

We interrupt this peaceful vigil for an important public service announcement.

This thread is being used as an experiment to see if the general populus can manage to let the people that care to express common human decency do so without sprouting our own private wars.

If you haven't noticed, there isn't much for political threads around here anymore. It was decided that this one is worthwhile to let stay.

If you want to stir things up; go somewhere else.

If you try to stir things up, and you come back and notice that what you thought you posted wasn't actually posted, it's likely that it _was_ posted, and summarily deleted.

What this means is... when you come to a touchy thread and you think to yourself "Hey, I thought I posted something rude in this thread already", think a little beyond the "Oh... I'll post it again".

You may now return to your regularly scheduled vigil.

No matter the opinion on this situation. We love our Fathers, Mothers, Daughters, Sons, and Friends wo are in harms way. Great posts everyone. My hat is off to all of them. God Speed for a quick and safe return.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom