Superbowl 2010 snacks/refreshments

During the Super Bowl:

• I don't watch the game.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I watch the game, but eat normal meals.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DCBC

Banned
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
The "Big Game" is almost here! What are you planning on drinking and snacking on during the game?

I normally grab some "American Beer" (opposed to a U.S. brand made in Canada) and generally make time for a Scotch at some point (single-malt preferred). If my team is winning, I will drink beer or more Scotch if they're losing. :mooner:

Snacks include chips and onion dip and finger foods like tacos and salsa, egg rolls and chicken wings. I'll end up skipping dinner and grab a burger or a couple of hot dogs at some point. Finger-food is the fare of the game for me. With the pre-game, it usually covers lunch and dinner.

I realize that we have people from all over and I'm really interested in the types of fair that you serve... Photos?
Feel free to post recipes!

Chicken Wings

Ingredients

* 6 pounds chicken wings, separated at joints, tips discarded
* 1 1/2 cups Louisiana-style hot sauce
* 3/4 cup butter
* 1 cup honey
* 1 pinch garlic salt
* 1 pinch ground black pepper
* 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste

Directions

1. Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat.
2. Lightly oil the grill grate. Grill the chicken 8 to 12 minutes on each side, or until juices run clear. (You can deep fry or bake the chicken instead if you want to, but it is best when grilled.) Remove chicken to a large roasting pan.
3. In a saucepan over medium heat, mix the hot sauce, butter, honey, garlic salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. Simmer about 10 minutes, until blended and heated through. Pour the sauce over the grilled chicken wings and stir to coat.

Attachments

• chickenwings.jpg
    chickenwings.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 23
  • beer.jpg
    beer.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
It's nothing special at my house.
I will generally watch the game but it's no different than any other game.
We went to a superbowl party once - about 15 years ago. We left at half time!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom