Super Swamper Happy Hour?...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Reefhound, all good points. Maybe in end I will just bring a nice CCTV camera and DVR to an Austin HH or dive meet and greet at WP or somewhere. Or perhaps that could be the start rather than the end and the 'synchronized' HH's take place after video from those beginnings generates more interest.

Just missed last one due to having to handle a clients 'emergency' but with a streaming video feed I could have had laptop going and audio routed to BT headset and enjoyed a bit more of that HH than was able to get from posted pics. As I am sure that I am not the only one ever unable to attend due to a prior or sudden commitment of my time, just thought it might be another way to 'spead the love' :)

NadMat:
Just missed last one due to having to handle a clients 'emergency' but with a streaming video feed I could have had laptop going and audio routed to BT headset and enjoyed a bit more of that HH than was able to get from posted pics. As I am sure that I am not the only one ever unable to attend due to a prior or sudden commitment of my time, just thought it might be another way to 'spead the love' :)

Sure, but consider that it may be the IT savvy volunteer who has that sudden "emergency" and then a lot of people anticipating the webcast are left stranded.

I didn't mention this earlier, but I am in the IT field. As for hosting of pictures and vids and stuff, I can certainly do that as I have plenty of space/bandwidth. Just don't try to recruit me into the webcast thing :wink:. Speaking of which, I really need to work on my site, it's forever out of date.

ReefHound:
Sure, but consider that it may be the IT savvy volunteer who has that sudden "emergency" and then a lot of people anticipating the webcast are left stranded.

Another good point, but it would need to be set up and tested in advance anyway, so maybe could show an alternate or two how and where to plug in the cables and which desktop shortcut to click on to start things up. They wouldn't need to be very IT savvy, just able to follow some simple set up instructions. And of course the volunteered equipment would have to be available emergency or not.

Of course, in past, the biggest issue for me was my income was so marginal that opportunity for additional was always an 'emergency' for me. Now will be settling down into a more predictable and much better paying position so that would be less likely to happen here, but still could.

Hey Hemlon,

You're right, it's starting to look like enough work that I wouldn't want to not have another HH before attempting the super swamper one.

So let's decide to go have a drink next month somewheres and just table the superswamper HH for a while, although I will look for an Austin location that might be able to support it.

IMO, the Schulz Beer Garden would be an ideal place for an Austin Swampers Happy Hour... :D

Back
Top Bottom