Super Macro with the 60mm lens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had missed the focus stacking. Not going to happen.
Technically it's possible with an Olympus camera, static or slow-moving subject, and either continuous lights or fast-recycling strobes. You have in-camera focus bracketing, so you don't need a rail - a tripod is enough, and doing it handheld might be possible. @bvanant did some testing with it underwater and got encouraging results; you can see it here: Bracketing with macro

Technically it's possible with an Olympus camera, static or slow-moving subject, and either continuous lights or fast-recycling strobes. You have in-camera focus bracketing, so you don't need a rail - a tripod is enough, and doing it handheld might be possible. @bvanant did some testing with it underwater and got encouraging results; you can see it here: Bracketing with macro
I did not read that thread as being positive toward the focus stacking, especially in places I dive that do not allow tripods or other attached-to-the-bottom devices. I wish it were otherwise...

Not all of his images are FS and I am going to give it a go. I have a 1.4x and only ext tubes and extension to Oly port.
Static images is not an issue as most nudi's and other macro stuff don't move that fast. I would love a shot of the bumblebee shrimp or a skeleton shrimp at this level of magnification.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom