Sunshine Divers Resort in Koh Tao - FEEDBACK NEEDED

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Who is this Plonske character? I see him on all these threads and he seems only to talk **** about everyone. ****!!!

Who is this Plonske character? I see him on all these threads and he seems only to talk **** about everyone. ****!!!

plonker :dork2: is obviously someone with far too much time on their hands sitting in some quiet little dive shop thinking that if they rubbish everyone else then the business will come their way

I would say exactly the contrary. When I see that you do answer any hour of the day, and so aggressively, I wonder WHO is sitting in some quiet little dive shop thinking that if they rubbish everyone else then the business will come their way.

:spaninq:

plonker :dork2: is obviously someone with far too much time on their hands sitting in some quiet little dive shop thinking that if they rubbish everyone else then the business will come their way

hiya bubbles

i just had a little look on google and found this .. its only one review in english and one in foreign ..lol.. but every little helps right ? the english doesnt sound happy but maybe the foreign one is :cool:
Sunshine Divers Resort - Ko Tao - Sunshine Divers Resort Reviews - TripAdvisor

someone posted the sunshine divers website before , but i also found this one which has many different photos of the place which may help you to see some of it better
Sunshine Resort - Chaloke Baankao Bay - Koh Tao

scroll down this page gives a small description basically saying that its a fairly cheap bedget resort so dont expect the hilton
Buddha View | Scuba Diving Koh Tao Thailand

and another review
Sunshine Resort, Ao Chalok Ban Kao, Ko Tao, Surat Thani - Thailand guesthouse review by Travelfish.

i hope these are all helpful in some way or another , apparently sunshine divers resort also has a sister resort next door called sunshine 2 , so maybe you wanna check out which one your actually staying at as they may be misleading and advertise with the nicer one but stick you in the bad one..lol

still im sure you'll be having to much fun diving and drinking to even notice your bed at the end of the day ..lol
enjoy your holiday

The foreign one is in German, and agrees with the English review.

Take into account though, that Tripadvisor, where the reviews are on, is for more affluent people than Koh Tao caters to in general, so expectations of the Tripadvisor visitor will quite often be different than of the average Koh Tao visitor.

I have done a bit of DM work there and its a great little outfit. Its associated with Bans but the boat is a lot smaller unlike the Bans boats which take about 60 odd people. The instructors are great and super friendly and its a nice lttle resort. Its a bit of hike though to Mae Haad where some of the bars and stuff are and an even further walk to Sairree beach which has some of the best bars on the island. Can throughly recommend Lotus bar!

As for the diving, well its OK I guess, plenty of sharks at Chumpon and Twins and White rock are decent sites. Green Rock gets hit by currents and everytime I have dived there the viz has been poor but its great to dive through the trigger pits and there is plenty of littel swim thro's to investigate.

All in all Koh Tao is a great little place and youwill have a load of fun there.

Sunshine divers is loctaed in Chalok Ban Kao which is the more quiet part of the Island, but very very good atsmosphere, the more busy Sairee Beach is kind of tacky and nothing special.

There are not really big diifferences between the dive operators at Koh Tao, they all have basicly the same kind of boats and goes to the same sites.

The diving isnt extraordinary, but the atmosphere with all the young divers from all over the world really makes it a favourit. I am actually leaving on friday for my third trip there.... I also stay at Chalok Ban Kao and hardly ever move up to Sairee (unless to se the medic) everything you need is in Chalok Ban Kao...

Enjoy

did you go to sunshine?
I'm curious how you liked it. The CD there saved my girlfriend's a** once when she got into a bad motorbike accident on Koh Tao. Very nice guy.

Anyway, as a Koh Tao bum, I'm curious how it went.

hope you liked our little island

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom