Sunset Waters 4/26 to 5/3 anybody going?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Quaff King

Contributor
Reaction score
I just booked a villa right above sunset waters with my wife and girls (all non-divers) so if anyone is around that week and looking to do some dives give me a shout.

This will be my first trip to Curacao and I am jacked up ! Looking to do some shore diving around the island and some boat dives also. I will have wheels so if anyone wants to dive some alternate shore dives pm me !

Cheers !

Quaff,

We may be going that week, but are actually leaning toward the next.
You'll enjoy Sunset Waters. The house reef is very pretty and some folks do nothing but dive it during the week. From the villas to the water is a pretty good hike, so be prepared. They do offer great veiws however.

The beach is one of the best in the carribean, and has the best snorkeling of any resort reef we've ever been to. The girls will love it. Sunset waters gets its name of course from the great sunsets every evening. Be prepared for a lot of laid back relaxing as besides diving and laying on the beach there is not much to do. If you are comfortable paddling, take one of the kayaks up into Santa Marta bay (right next to the resort). This is a great trip, just let them know how long you will be gone as the first time I went out they thought I drowned. (they were really panicing though my wife assured them that I was good in a boat) You can easily spend three to four hours cruising around the large bay. From the back of the bay you can see Mount Christoffle in the distance. There are the remains of old salinas from when salt was mined, and a family of pink flamingos that live up there.

I'll get back in touch if we decide to go the same week as you.
Have fun, e-mail or private message back if you want some photos.

Clyderyde
clyod@aol.com

Quaff,

Be sure to see Watamula! Playa Kalki, Rehido City and Porto Marie are a must as well. Porto Marie has a very nice beach as well. I am sure you will have a great time.

Depending on if you are booked for just boat dives at SW; there are some great shore dives out west....
Daibooi is a very very long surface swim to the reef - you might as well dive Habitat's house reef. You must rent your air from Habitat. Air is $8
Porto Marie has a double reef, air is $8. 2,50 guilders per person entrance. Nice restaurant and great beach for nondivers.
Cas Abou is a great dive. $10 a car entrance Air is $6. You can ask the dive shop for a lift in the boat to the cliff at the far left and follow the reef back towards the shop. I think I gave him a 10 guilder tip for the conveinence. I haven't eaten at the restaurant but is a very nice beach for nondivers.
San Juan dives are nice - no facilities, we like the beach to the far left near Cas Abou, I can't remember the name. There are usually other people around on the weekends. Don't leave any valuables in the car just in case. 5 guilders a car entrance and a very long drive from the road. good place for mixed groups; divers and snorkelers.
Of course the house reef at your resort, Sunset Waters. Look for seahorse in soft coral near a line along the sand.
Santa Cruz is too long of a surface swim but Captain Goodlife had a skiff and will drop divers off (?) and return for them. He also has a nice snorkel trip.
Lagun is also an excellent site for mixed groups. The snorkeling is superb. Air is $6. Dive shop closed on Mondays. We dive to the left. the boat dive mooring is much farther out to the right. Small restaurant at the dive shop.
Jeremi has no facilities and not too bad of a surface swim. Again, don't leave anything in your car.
Little Knip and Knip (Playas Chicki and Abou) have no dive facilities and long surface swims with the big beach being much longer.
Westpunt Bay has no facilities but you can dive from Playa Forti or in both directions from Playa Grandi/Piscado. Check for sea horses on the mooring lines in front of All West. King Neptune statue at 30 feet to the left of the boats.
And Playa Kalki/ Alice In Wonderland, our favorite shore dive. Air is $8. Very nice beach and next to the Lodge Kura Hulanda w/3 restaurants.
We live on the road to the Lodge, a large green house with Sol Food sign. Email us and we can join you for a dive.
Sunshine & David
Curacao Sunshine - Rental Property on the Island of Curacao

Hi Quaff,

If you like to dive sites like Rediho or Watamula, they are only accessible with a boat. Ocean Encounters West (..:: Ocean Encounters West ::..) offer trips to these sites and many others. We always have a guide on board, and you will certainly find new buddies while diving with us. Find some customer statements following the link ..:: Ocean Encounters West ::.., and latest news: ..:: Ocean Encounters West ::...

Sunshine already described most of the shore dives on the SW side of Curacao. Additional information you can find using the link ..:: Ocean Encounters West ::...

So if you like to visit us in Westpoint, feel always free to contact me (I usually read ScubaBoard messages in the evening). Our diveshop is located at Playa Kalki; so while you're diving, the rest of the family can stay on the beach, snorkel, rent a kayak or pedal boat.

If you come on a weekend (Friday to Sunday) don"t miss to have lunch or dinner at Sunshine's place - I am addicted to her pizza, for example :)

Kind regards from Curacao
Andreas

Andreas

Do you offer transportation from the Lions Dive Ocean Encounters location up to the Ocean Encounters West location?

We are wanting to stay at Lions Dive, but want to dive a couple of days at the West End sites?

Thanks

CRB 792 and Sunshine thanks for all the great tips. I'll definitely be dropping by Westpundt and I have Pizza on my mind. Thanks for all the great info.

Quaff King (because who dosen't like to Quaff a cold one?)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom