Sunk ship at wetherill.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I took a look at the “wreck” up at FTW in late October (someone posted video of it). It had a mooring ball and was the bow was partly exposed. My guess is the local rescue sank it to practice S&R. I doubt it is going to be a permanent fixture.

Ah, darn! A small wreck, well set down, at the end of cove would be a fun addition. Especially if it was set up ahead with had a lot of small openings for critters.

Little late to the game, but I've checked this boat out a few times now. It's a small leisure/fishing boat, probably 18-20'. Stern is sunk into the muck with most of the bow sticking up out of the water. Seems to have arrived right around the time Ian made landfall in the States. Nav unit still sitting on the console, can smell fuel as you get near it. Marked by a CG buoy. Given the fuel smell, I'd be a little surprised if it was sunk intentionally, but who knows.

It's not a ship. It's a small boat. It is in the east cove not on the boat ramp side and there is a white bouy marking it. It is right up against the shore on the north side.

I cannot wait until May, when I can wetsuit dive again, really hoping the boat is still there.

I was out there on New Year’s Day. There was debris on the shore, including a hatch and a fuel tank. The wreck is now completely submerged. My guess is it breaking up in the shallows. you can see a submerged whit object about where it located In the fall.

There was also a collapse of rocks in the same area of the cove, a little closer to the goat path. It is not a small amount of rock. You can see where it came off the Cliff and it is sticking out of the water at high tide.

Attachments

• 74C2CF2E-A604-4313-ADB6-76214879BA91.jpeg
    74C2CF2E-A604-4313-ADB6-76214879BA91.jpeg
    105.1 KB · Views: 68
Was diving FTW yesterday. We started at the boat ramp and went around the point at the cut through. We went over to where the boat had been. The CG buoy is up on the rocks. We a couple of large chunks of metal or fiberglass on the bottom. Heading back to the goat path, I came across a large marine battery and Mike, my dive buddy found the outboard motor. Water temp was about 52F at 30’. Vis was 3-5’ saw 2 good sized taugs and 3 horseshoe crabs.

Was diving FTW yesterday. We started at the boat ramp and went around the point at the cut through. We went over to where the boat had been. The CG buoy is up on the rocks. We a couple of large chunks of metal or fiberglass on the bottom. Heading back to the goat path, I came across a large marine battery and Mike, my dive buddy found the outboard motor. Water temp was about 52F at 30’. Vis was 3-5’ saw 2 good sized taugs and 3 horseshoe crabs.
Nice! I was there Saturday morning and took a look as well. Looks like it's definitely starting to disintegrate a bit. I didn't smell fuel like the last time I was there. Tons of horseshoes and some skates/rays hanging about.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom