Sunglasses...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maui Jims all the way. I have had 3 pair in the last 5 years. Always loose them. Thank god for an ex mother inlaw that still likes me and owns a eyeglass shop. My 300.00 pair cost me 130.00. They really do make a difference. But when I go diving out on the boat it is the cheap walmart glasses that get me by

i havent actually tried this yet but have you considered getting a pair of safety glasses?
not the stupid looking ones but nice ones.
i know homedepot has safety glasses that look just like sunglasses and you can get different styles and lense colors as well.
im guessing that since they can protect you from flying objects they wont scratch very easily.
just my guess though
good luck on finding ones you like

Maui Jims!! Since I started wearing contacts, good sunglasses are a guilty indulgence. They are high-quality and worth every penny.

I have a couple of pairs. Kahunas and Sport. The Kahunas are the glass lens aviator style that I keep in the car. I think they were around ~ $269.00 about 5 or 6 yrs ago.

I bought the "Sport(s?)" a few years ago for $149.00. They have plastic frames and those are the ones I take on vacations, dive trips, etc. I take the case when I travel. I just stick 'em in my mask box on dives.

BTW, Maui Jim's prices are fixed. They cost the same everywhere.

A long time ago when I cycled all the time, Oakleys were were part of my sponsor package at the local shop....

I graduated to Bolle's and loved them.. wore them up until this past year, various different ones but always polarized. Very comfortable glasses, especially the metal frames.

I've found a new favorite. Native sunglasses, amber polarized are the best I've worn yet. The clarity of vision with these sunglasses is far superior to any that I've worn or tried on yet and the fit is very comfortable. They also have an amazing warranty (lifetime registered) and the model I have, $40 replacement lenses. The customer service was amazing as well!

I wear Bolles. Have had the same pair for about 4 years, had them replaced FOR FREE 6 times. When I would scratch them bad enough to where it became irritating, I mailed them in to Bushnell's service dept adn they mailed back a BRAND NEW pair for FREE.

Can't beat that with a stick!

teknitroxdiver:
I wear Bolles. Have had the same pair for about 4 years, had them replaced FOR FREE 6 times. When I would scratch them bad enough to where it became irritating, I mailed them in to Bushnell's service dept adn they mailed back a BRAND NEW pair for FREE.

Can't beat that with a stick!

You are wrong: you CAN beat them with a stick! Afterall, didn't you jsut say you could get them replaced if they got scratched? We are looking for sunglasses that you can beat with a stick!

JahJahwarrior:
You are wrong: you CAN beat them with a stick! Afterall, didn't you jsut say you could get them replaced if they got scratched? We are looking for sunglasses that you can beat with a stick!
Hmm. I think you've got me there!

Ok earlier someone posted about safety glasses... the lenses are really cheap and scratch wayyy too easily. Bought some that had lifetime replacement for when i work on my cars and housework. they now send me a free pair and tell me to send in the old ones with a short summary of how the others broke. I think i'm at somewhere around 40 so far and just from deep dust scratches and stuff like that.

Maui jims I have got a connectiona and will buy some for this summer. I've sent a couple of pair as homage to neptune. I saw someone on a fishing tournament toss a couple of dollars to get a fish. I wonder if carving a scuba tank and sinking it in the local quarry would be good luck.

A long time ago I decided that I'm just not the type of person who can have decent stuff. Everything good always gets lost, broken, or stolen. So I always (usually) use "disposable" watches, glasses, pens, knives, etc. That may be starting to change, though, because I've had this nice St. Moritz watch (see profile photo) for about five years, and a Benchmade knife for a little longer. Glasses, though, man I'm rough on them. I always get the cheapest ones I can find. I don't think they're very good for my eyes, though. All I can say is, "Good Luck!"

I have lost so many that I only wear the ones I find in the river or in the lake. Cheaper when they are free, once even found one of my pair!
:monkeydan

Back
Top Bottom