Sunday's (July 4) Maui pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gilligan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
It was a random drift dive today finishing up on the remains of a WWII Armored Mark 4 Tracked Vehicle at 60 feet. It was "turtle day" at the wreck.
All the photos were post-processed in Helicon Noise Filter and Photoshop 7.0.

Green SeaTurtle resting under the gun turret.
070404a.jpg

Taking off from the gun turret. A school of Bluestripe Snappers is in the background.
070404b.jpg

Grazing near the wreck.
070404c.jpg

The view is always the same unless you are the lead turtle.
070404d.jpg

G,

As always nice shots. Liked the Turtle butt, gives you a different perspective on tail (sorry, I had to)

Thanks for sharing

Dive Smart; Dive Safe
Enjoy the ride
:cool1:

Very nice, enjoyed the pics.

I don't know what it is. Maybe I'm just totally jealous cause I'm still on the mainland and Gilligan is on Maui.

But

I think I'm starting to hate him :wink:

Once again Gilligan, very nice. I see you aren't using a strobe for these pics and are using the manual white balance. So, for an area like Cozumel with excellent visibility, would manual white balance be the way to go? Also, if manual white balance is used, should the cameras flash be turned off? Just trying to get some ideas before I get the camera and get ready to go. Thanks, Greg

At first glance, that old tank looks like the shape of a turtle. Maybe it's a shrine to them! :D

Great butt shot!

gt2003:
Once again Gilligan, very nice. I see you aren't using a strobe for these pics and are using the manual white balance. So, for an area like Cozumel with excellent visibility, would manual white balance be the way to go? Also, if manual white balance is used, should the cameras flash be turned off? Just trying to get some ideas before I get the camera and get ready to go. Thanks, Greg

Coz would be great place for MWB. Yes, you should not use the camera flash or a strobe with it, it will make your pictures pink. Don't ask how I know! ;D

You know because you are one of the other area experts on the 5050. LOL, thanks for the info Dee. Take care, Greg

:D

Back
Top Bottom