Sunday Boat Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marcosis

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
OK Scubaboarders!!!

Sandbar,Wrongway Brian and I are gonna catch a boat Sunday for sure! Sand is making definate arrangements and we'll post em up for anyone interested!!
May try to do the Sea Emporer in the am. Again!! It was most definately worth another dip!

By the way if you did the Sea Emporer on July 9th and ya think ya lost something...
I may have found it! Tell me what you're missing and I'll be glad to return it to you!!
(Sorry-no hints but it's pretty cool!)

Keep an eye out for the definate post!!!

Later Marc

We're booked for 7/23 on Fathoms at 9:00AM. Looks like we got the last 3 spots though...a dive shop from Orlando bought out a bunch of seats.

Marcosis...I lost my mind some time ago, so if you find that please let me know.

scubadiverjunkie:
I wouldn't mind taggin along - the emporer is always a fun dive even after 25 times -:)
You're welcome to join us. Like I said in my other post, a dive shop in Orlando is apparently holding a bunch of seats. If you call PI directly, there may be some openings.

So, how was the Sea Emperor? I dove it yesterday with South Florida Divers, current was 1.5 knots on the bottom, said the dm. Nice dive and just the right amount of challenge for me.

Sea Emporer yeah uh no!
There was that 1+ current and the OW class was too skeered! We did 2 60' reef drifts. All in all nice dives. I got to play with my new camera. I got some really cool shots and some not so good!
We saw a nice big green morey and a big school of barracuda(About 12/15) 5+ feet was the smallest!
We'll catch up to the Emporer after mini season. Keep an eye out for our posts!!

Later Marc

Marc-

About half the divers called the dive on our boat too, and most of the others stayed inside the hull once they got down. We crawled from the anchor line to the lee side and saw some big grouper and stingrays. as we swam around the hull things got pretty interesting current-wise, and my left arm was pretty scraped up from clinging to the hull as the current tried to pry me off!

But... I did it! Then we dove Lighthouse Ledge and saw some very arrogant lobsters. I went right up and touched one's antennae and he didn't even budge. Funny how they know we can't snag em yet.

P.S. The Whale Sharks in Holbox were awesome!

Boatlawyer...Cool!

A couple of months ago I did Donald Mcallister in 2+ knots(also w/SFDH).
Now I know what a flag feels like!- Hangin on that anchor line!

If ya get a chance post up your Mexico Whale Shark story!! I'd love to hear about it!!

I gotta go get packed up for tomorrows trip to the Keys. I'll talk to ya later!!

Marc

P.S. Marine Lawyer? I was unaware the fish needed legal representation!!

Boatlawyer:
Marc-

About half the divers called the dive on our boat too, and most of the others stayed inside the hull once they got down. We crawled from the anchor line to the lee side and saw some big grouper and stingrays. as we swam around the hull things got pretty interesting current-wise, and my left arm was pretty scraped up from clinging to the hull as the current tried to pry me off!

But... I did it! Then we dove Lighthouse Ledge and saw some very arrogant lobsters. I went right up and touched one's antennae and he didn't even budge. Funny how they know we can't snag em yet.

P.S. The Whale Sharks in Holbox were awesome!
Welcome back from Mexico. We'll have to try and hook up again soon.

Marcosis:
Boatlawyer...Cool!

A couple of months ago I did Donald Mcallister in 2+ knots(also w/SFDH).
Now I know what a flag feels like!- Hangin on that anchor line!

If ya get a chance post up your Mexico Whale Shark story!! I'd love to hear about it!!

I gotta go get packed up for tomorrows trip to the Keys. I'll talk to ya later!!

Marc

P.S. Marine Lawyer? I was unaware the fish needed legal representation!!
I didn't know they needed it either! I have only been advertising myself as a maritime lawyer, but, hey, if I can get a whole new species of client by being a marine lawyer, I am there!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom