Sunday at The Pond

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

texdiveguy

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hope to be out at the 'pond' Sunday for a few long dives. Going to try and set-up across from the fill station. I hear through the grapevine that Ms. Cruiser may be out diving with some new gear of hers tomm., so hope to catch up with her for a 'HI'. Drop by if you happen to be around Terrell. :wink:

I should be out their tomorrow, not sure how early though, I have been lacking in the sleep dept. Ill either be at the usual spot or at the Scubatoys area. Depending on where I can find a table to kit up at.

I should be out their tomorrow, not sure how early though, I have been lacking in the sleep dept. Ill either be at the usual spot or at the Scubatoys area. Depending on where I can find a table to kit up at.

Cool....there are tables at the fill station platform and a nice set of steps in and out. :)

I think the appointed time shall be 10:00am.
I think.
If I make it at all, it will be some time between 10 and 11am. Otherwise, I won't be making it. Please, no one wait for me.

Texdiveguy--Yes, I was there and able to enjoy the pond yesterday. Got there at 9:30 a.m. and left at 7:00 p.m. Dove with a couple of newcomers to the pond and showed them around a bit. In the late afternoon/evening, water was noticeably warmer than the air.

And, viz is improving :)

Linda.... we set up across from the fill station...must have missed your car going by in the morning... :depressed:

richerso and Ryanh1985 were parked there also. Our first dive 'started' together......richerso was diving dry for the first fall dip since earlier this year, so he was dialing in his trim and wting. Ryan1985 was on his second outing in his new al80 doubles and was experiencing some second stage issues on the dive. As things evolved we ended up going our separate paths.....richerso logging a nice 30+ minute dive....Ryan1985 around 60 minutes as I recall. I ended up down around the plane and back to the stairs with 95 minutes. On our SI I helped Ryan1985 clean up his first stage hoses a bit and de-tuned his free flowing second stage....we were pleased it all worked much better. richerso had another afternoon obligation to get to so he split early. Ryan1985 wanted to give my OMS Slipstreams a try so while I relaxed he went out and did a short dive to give his legs a work out! Later in the afternoon Ryan1985 and I did another nice dive with him leading 90% of the run and I getting us off track in the last part (LOL).....I made a wrong turn at the Yield sign--:rofl3:. It was a great relaxing dive with the sighting of several turtles and allot of fish....run time 110 minutes. I recorded an average water temp in the upper 25ffw of 75F....chiller in the 40ffw ranges of course. Some good and poor vis areas...but it is improving over all. Ryan1985 and I stopped for Tex-Mex in town before heading to our homes. Nice day.

Great day of diving, and a nice relaxing time after a week full of midterms. Thanks to Tex for helping me out with my equipment and all the advice. Water temps are getting a little cold for a 3 mill, looks like this was the last outing in it.

Will it likely be AM or PM?

Tom, if you came out we missed seeing you....hope all going well for you these fall days. :wink:

Didn't make it out to dive...looking forward to diving soon, hope we can get together!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom