Sund Rock death on Sunday 7/24/2022

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think that Sund Rock is fairly benign site, easy to navigate, nice life and structure, etc......good ingress and egress. As with all sites in Puget Sound, vis can be an issue and currents need to be considered.

I totally agree that the Waddah fingers are absolutely awesome......but my favorite dive on the entire planet is Duncan Rock...... west of Waddah.....

2nd favorite site is Arena Rock in N CA...
I like Duncan Rock as well. Have you been to Quadra Island? I think that's been my favorite.

I've been to Sund Rock a few times. Nice site. But, it's a swimming pool compared to some of the diving I've done on the jetties off the Oregon coast.
I've driven by those jetties a few times. But they're swimming pools compared to hiking and then downclimbing and then teetering over rocks stuck in surge channels, to get to where I can dive straight off the rocky Oregon coast.
:)

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Reminder that this thread is in Accidents and Incidents. Discussion regarding the dive site as potential to either be the problem or not, is on topic. Whereas discussing what you enjoy about the site is not.

Back
Top Bottom