SunBreeze Hotel in Belize

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LVDiver

Registered
Reaction score
SunBreeze Hotel in Belize ...

I'm heading down in late April. Any feedback on the resort and/or dive shop? Greatly appreciated!

Howdy and welcome to Scubaboard. I'll provide you with what I know, having lived there in 2000 and 2001. (but you'll find out more from people who actually paid to dive in the shops there in the Central and South American forum. There's lots of info about preferred and not so preferred shops) I did dive with Amigo Del Mar and they're good. Knowledgable and good boats. Most of the diving is just near where you are. The reef is about a quarter mile offshore so they go out through a cut, tie up to a mooring and in you go. Grooves and ridges dominate the bottom, sloping down to a deep wall that drops off into the abyss at about 160 feet or so. Easy diving. No current. if you're easily cold a 3mm full suit. If you're part eskimo, a 1 or 2mm shortie will do. You can do the Blue Hole and Turneffe Atholl from there too. Better diving but far. But I think it's worth the trip. Have fun.

Welcome to ScubaBoard.

Can't comment on Ambergriss per se but we dove Belize last March (Nekton Pilot - Liveaboard) and had such a great week that we're going back next month for another week on the same boat.

'Slogger

www.belizeforums.com

My g/f and I are heading to Tobacco Caye April 12th... the forum has been a very helpful, and specific, font of knowledge

GREAT FOOD!

go for the asian grouper, yummy!

I was there 2 years ago, Nice basic hotel within walking distance of most things in town. Dive op (Aqua Dives) on premises, decent size boats, not cattle boats. Staff was very friendly and helpful. I would definitely go back and use them again.

stayed in sunbreeze last year and going back in April - it's a good hotel, central and easy to walk to everywhere. I have not used Aquadives only Amigos and you also hear lots of really good things about Protech. Sunbreeze also has a great pool and nice bar to hang out in - a quick walk from the airport and the water taxi. I'm sure you'll have a great time! Will post a trip report when i get back with some sunbreeze pics!! Hilary

LVDiver:
SunBreeze Hotel in Belize ...

I'm heading down in late April. Any feedback on the resort and/or dive shop? Greatly appreciated!

My wife and I spent 10 days at the Sunbreeze last March.

The Sunbreeze is walking distance from the airport, as are all the San Pedro hotels, but you seldom hear any aircraft noise. The hotel is nice. Rooms are clean and maid service is daily. The Sunbreeze has a great pool and is right on the beach. Try for one of the upper level rooms, (2nd story), preferably one on the end, as it will give you a nice balcony to hang the wet gear from. There's also a little more breeze.

Like Hil71, we walked past the hotel dive shop to do our diving. Our local diving was done with Protech-their website is: http://www.ambergriscaye.com/protech/index.html and our long day trips were done through Amigo's. Both are great operations. We will be returning in 3 weeks for a repeat performance. He's a couple of pics to wet your appetite. The first is of the Sunbreeze and the last 2 are of Protech and Amigo's respectively. PM if you've got any questions. Ken :42:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom