sump fins?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rjack321

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Need some sump specific fins...

Criteria:
SHORT, 1/2 the length regular fins would be ideal. For reference, I have done many sumps with no fins at all.
Big feet for cold water rock boots or similar
Lightest weight possible. There is no such thing as "trim" when no-mounting in a beachball sized hole

Lemme know what you're tried or know about

@Manatee Diver beat me too it. I wonder if Force Fins (there I said it) would be good for this application?

Short so you can walk in them, big foot pocket, lightweight.

Grab some janky used apeks rk3 supers off marketplace and run them through a band saw to lose another third of the fin blade?

@Manatee Diver beat me too it. I wonder if Force Fins (there I said it) would be good for this application?

Short so you can walk in them, big foot pocket, lightweight.
Not really, they are stupidly wide. You don't need to walk in them or anything. But small fins are lighter and can actually fit into cave bags. Plus most BC sumps are tiny.

Y'all are imagining this is cave diving - it is absolutely not

Y'all are imagining this is cave diving - it is absolutely not

The problem is your requirement to go over rock boots. That means swim fins are largely out, as they are typically full foot. I think Cressi might have an open heel swim fin. But if those options are too large those might still be too large.

The problem is your requirement to go over rock boots. That means swim fins are largely out, as they are typically full foot. I think Cressi might have an open heel swim fin. But if those options are too large those might still be too large.
Yeah size11 7mm wetsuit booties, size 11 rockboot, or size 13 wetsuit booty (when used instead of rockboot)

I am normally in turtles which are too heavy, too long, and don't pack well in cave packs at all.

I use a pair of Mares Excel+ that I cut down.

They are fine and comfortably fit over wellies (‘gum’ boots I think you lot call them?).

Most of my sump dives are done finless though.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom