Summertime Meet & Greet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

YEAH I JUST BOUGHT A DRY SUIT!!!!

Beautiful DUI FLX 5050 suit in great condition used 20-30X , DUI shoes complete with pink shoe laces (is that DIR?), DUI fleece undergarmet, inflater hose, wet suit hanger, all manuals, dui hood and 27lbs all for $600! Yes seals are good & zippers are well waxed.

Soon I can come dive with you all!!

Beautiful DUI FLX 5050 suit in great condition used 20-30X , DUI shoes complete with pink shoe laces (is that DIR?), DUI fleece undergarmet, inflater hose, wet suit hanger, all manuals, dui hood and 27lbs all for $600! Yes seals are good & zippers are well waxed.

Definitely spend some time with another dry suit diver going over the suit, weighting, and learning how to deal with dry suit "issues." (Floaty feet, stuck inflator, venting suit on ascent, etc) It will take a little bit of time to get comfortable diving one, but you will appreciate it....Don't get frustrated or give up it is well worth it

Congrats!!!!

The current list:
  • mikemill
  • Hepcat62
  • Anti-Hero
  • micboucher
  • Brewski
  • sarita75
  • masterof0
  • ryssyr
  • mark
  • bbianchi
  • kwest
  • norbs007
  • PKHamrick
  • margmrick

If you aren't on the list then PLEASE respond saying you are interested.

That is 14 people right there. That would fill the Silver Prince. Kinda wish there wasn't such a price difference between the Silver Prince and the Monterey Express. Right now we'd be looking at $53.21 on the SP and $100 on the ME (which could go down to $70 with 6 more people).

Where is Ernst? Is he bailing?

Definitely spend some time with another dry suit diver going over the suit, weighting, and learning how to deal with dry suit "issues." (Floaty feet, stuck inflator, venting suit on ascent, etc) It will take a little bit of time to get comfortable diving one, but you will appreciate it....Don't get frustrated or give up it is well worth it

Congrats!!!!

Thanks for all the help Chris. Deffinately on the conservative training plan with this new suit ;-)!

congrats. it took me about 15-20 dives to get back to "normal" with the drysuit. I feel really bad for sarah and michelle who were really patient while I flailed around. I just met them when I was gearing up and adding equipment like cameras etc. I've been using the same setup now for over a year and have things dialed in pretty well, but the drysuit was the biggest learning curve for sure.

Awesome! We'll be twins, except for the pink laces of course. :D

Congrats Kathy..
I don't feel you can go wrong with a DUI.
Once you get used to it and/or a few dives with it I feel you will be very happy with your purchase!!

Congrats!

congrats. it took me about 15-20 dives to get back to "normal" with the drysuit. I feel really bad for sarah and michelle who were really patient while I flailed around. I just met them when I was gearing up and adding equipment like cameras etc. I've been using the same setup now for over a year and have things dialed in pretty well, but the drysuit was the biggest learning curve for sure.

Thanks!!! My chances of beating this WWW (warm water wimp) title are starting to look pretty darn good - but gotta get busy before I bolt for SE Asia.

I'm expecting to be a bit of a goofball for a little while. Maybe can hang in shallow water with Mike G & we can figure it out together :D. What do ya think Mike G?

Oh by the way a HUGE thanks to all of you who have offered this total dry suit/cold water novice advice!!!

And a special thanks to Chris who patient answered my questions on the cell phone when I tried the suit on ;-)!

Awesome! We'll be twins, except for the pink laces of course. :D

Is yours black/tourquoise blue too:D? This thing is sorta pretty!

Don't get to attached to the pink laces - they might be the first modification :rofl3::rofl3:!

Any votes :rofl3::rofl3:!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom