Suits for 5'-7" 160 lb. diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Height 5'-7", 155 lbs., 40" chest, 35" waist, 37" hips, 30" inseam
I ordered the medium. Will be picking the suit up tomorrow.

Ron L.

Very close indeed - please let me know how you make out with it.

I'm also of similar measurements. I wouldn't get too wrapped up with the weight figures for the various manufacturer's suits. Height, chest, inseam, and waist are more important.

I went with a Bare in Medium Short and it was perfect.

Thanks Rand. I figured that on weight and was just about to pull the trigger on the Bare Velocity 3/2 progessive in MS but then saw the Hendersen suit that r2t mentioned - at $75 it might just be the suit to get although the Bare has a few more features like zippered ankles and neck, wrist and ankle seals.

I have purchased three Bare wetsuits through Liesure Pro, medium large/short. All three fit fine. The 5/4(heaviest of the three) is a little tight. My stats are pretty much the same, 5'7" between 155 and 160, chest 40, waist 34. Sometimes it's just hit and miss. Liesure Pro has a good return policy.

Thanks Skipp - I figured the medium large/short also but that wasn't one of their available sizes so I sent an "ask the pro" message. I thought of just buying the med/short and wasn't sure about their PFF policy since it is that they'll exchange for the same item in a different size. Thus - what happens if they don't actually have a size that fits?

I'm about this same size, and I've got a Bare Velocity 3/2 M/LS on order from scubabasics.com. Hopefully it gets here before the weekend. I'll come back and post a report.

Picked up the Henderson today. It is not as easy to get on as the bare with the ankle zippers. The legs are maybe a 1/2" long but no big deal. A little loose in the chest/ armpit and still a bit of room in the waist. Only place it felt a little tight was the forearms. For the price I think it will work for a week of diving. If money is not an issue and you are going to use the suit a lot, the bare is a very good choice.

Ron L.

Thanks for the update - I appreciate your taking the time.

My Bare Velocity MLS came in today. I'm 5'7" 160 pounds, 40 chest, 35 waist, 30 inseam, and it is a great fit for me. It's a bit snug in the forearms, but hopefully it will loosen a bit when it gets wet. It's way better than the rentals I've been using.

Back
Top Bottom