Suggestions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaFlea

Contributor
Reaction score
Greetings all,

I've purchased some new hose boots/protectors for my reg. setup and find that they are too loose to stay put. I mean it is too easy to slide them away from the hose base (where the hose screws into the reg. 1st stg.). I want them to be loose enough to slide back for rinsing but tight enough to stay in place.

Any suggestions?

I thought about cutting down the boot, (as its shaped like a funnel, cutting a bit off the widest end) so it will catch on the hose connector.

Thx all.

My personal suggestion would be just not to use them. I treat my hoses well so I don't reall need the "extra" protection they provide. You alreay know the dangers involved with them hiding problems/salt. So why bother? It's a lot easier to avoid bending hoses than it is to pull back protectors for inspection. The more work somthing is the less likely it is to be done.

James

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom