Suggestions on where to go??????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It is difficult to get a location that has fabulous beaches and fabulous offshore dives because nature finds it difficult to provide both. If you have a an offshore reef with fabulous drop off walls you aren't going to find a gorgeous beach on the other side of it. Some resorts "manufacture" their own beaches for guest conveinence or you have to travel to a part of the island that doesn't have a reef a few fin strokes away.

Roatan air can be pricey but lodging and boat dives can be very, very reasonable. If you purchase Roatan or Bonaire in a package the boat dives are almost free...

Good luck...

Although I haven't been there in several years, I do remember, great shore dives, in crystall clear, calm waters!

A well known syndicated dive writer, (whose name & web site, escapes me now) Highly, praises Puerto Rico. Not San Juan, but to the east, he says; "Some of the best diving he's ever done, ever! I,ve also heard this from many other divers. My memory is poor from 20 yrs ago. In the Navy, and when ashore, it was drinking time. But I do remember it being very inexpensive, and
have been told it still is.

I may even look into a trip there, upon returning from the Bahama's this month:confused:

Some thing to consider? Take care!, & Happy Diving:)

My suggestion would be for Grand Cayman! LOVED it there...beautiful reefs right off shore and beautiful beaches right outside your condo (or hotel room) door!

OH! And how could I forget the Tortuga Rum???? (Banana and Pinapple flavors in OJ! YUMMMMMY!)

Kristey:D

There are also some GREAT deals to be had in August and September! (If you can hold off till Sept, it's the best to go as far as rates and the beaches are EMPTY.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom