Suggestions on where to go??????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scotty

Reaction score
I was wondering where a good place to dive is? I am looking for a place that has good visibility and also a place to do some shore diving. I want a place that has nice beaches for when we are not diving as I will only be diving on half of my trip the other will be relaxing on the beach. I would like a place where NOT a lot of TEENS go like Cancun. Any suggestions???????????We just got back from Mexico and are already planning next years trip. We will go anytime from June-August. Going for about 10days. What is the best time?? As long as I keep my arms and legs money is not a worry.

Bonaire...

Bonaire
Cozumel
Grand Cayman...

or for a choice domestically, try the Emerald Coast of Florida. The "sugar sand" beaches are the among the most beautiful in the world and the diving can be quite good.

The shore diving in Panama City, limitd, but diving off the jetties can be very good. I've seen vis of up to 75' there, although high tide vis. is usually 15-30'. There are jetties in Destin, as well. While not as nice, a quick trip "over the sand berm" and into deep water can yield some spectacular "dead" shells.

Watch the tides in both places, though.

Offshore Gulf vis can get to 100' + in summer, although 30-50 is more common. The Empire Mica, out of Port St. Joe, is a great wreck dive , but a long ride from shops in Panama City. Other places, including some closer in artificial reefs are nice, though.

(There are lots of places in the world, but these are just 4 that are relatively close by....)

It's been a while since I've had the distinct pleasure of telling someone where to go, and having them not tell me back! :D

Bonaire, no doubt about it!

Be more specific in what you're looking for:

1) How much do you want to spend
2) Do you need a location with activities for non-divers or just a beach?
3) How long are you going?
4) What time of year?

Bonaire is a great place for shore diving, but there's very very few beaches

Darryl

My husband & I got some good shore diving in behind our hotel in Grand Cayman. We went as part of a package deal in October (which is hurricane season I think, but the Caymans are less susceptible to the storm due to their location.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom