Suggestions on Speargun

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've just started spearfishing a couple of years ago myself, and my Sea Hornet Rhino 48" has served me well...don't try to go too high tech at the beginning...you will have years to find your groove...and like others have said before, you may want to own more than one gun in the future for different types of hunting...but to start, I recommend you do your homework and find one you can handle right now. Happy hunting.

Great gun! You can modify it to be even a greater gun if you choose. Contact Kevin at spearfishing specialties.

ams511:
Charris, Do you know any good shops to learn spearfishing? I live in South Florida also.

ams511,
I missed your post until today. Sorry, I can't recommend any spearfishing instructors. I am kinda self taught and I mostly dive with my friends on their boats so I rarely associate with charter boats or dive shops. It probably sounds kinda unfriendly :). Spearfishing can be very technique intensive and I can see where good instruction would be very beneficial.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom