Suggestions on diving in December

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jloving1

Reaction score
I was wondering if diving in December in Texas is possible? If so, where can we go? I am in Odessa so nothing is close. Balmorhea is our 1st choice with Bottomless Lakes NM being second closest that we know of!! Any sugegstions would be great!! I graduate college in December and my best friend will be here from Tennessee and we were hoping on celebrating with a nice little dive weekend trip!!!

Thanks for all your help!!

Jen

If you have the appropriate thermal protection, you can dive anywhere. Balmorea's warm spring gets my vote!

I dove in January and again in March in a skin/3 mm full/hood/gloves in the Comal River in New Braunfels. People dive there year round, due to the 72 degree spring-fed temps year round. It was cool at first, but I forgot about my temp after the dives began. The water is warmer than the surrounding air, and it makes you reluctant to get out after your dive! And New Braunfels can be a pretty fun place to hang out after diving. What are the temps at Balmoreah?

Foo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom