Suggestions for upscale resort/villas in Tulamben ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

we stated at tauch terminal in April, i would say it is a good resort, but i dont think i will dive with them again.

when we checked in, the room's a/c was not working. we talked to the managers a few times since 4pm, guess what, at 9pm they decided to rent a room for us at a resort nearby. so we moved at 9pm. That room only costed them $30, At the end, they only gave us $20 off for all that. Other than that, everything is good. One thing that plesantly surprised me is that the resort has their own backup generator, power outage is not unusual in the area, mind you.

Diving.. they run 5 dives a day from 8 to 6.... but the biggest problem I see is that they only want to get as many divers out as possible and I dont like the ratio between DM & divers. I talked to a few guests and they all felt the same. So i decided to hire my own dm afterward for $10 more a dive, that way i know i can enjoy more.

If i go back to the same area for diving, i am pretty sure that i will try different resort.

We also stayed at the mimpi menjangan for a week, which was wonderful. All the staffs there were super-friendly. I paid a bit more for diving but i had my own boat and DM for every dive day. And imagine seeing mola mola in menjangan!!!!

I also took the advantage of baliscuba's anniversary sale, and did some dives in nusa penida. I was lucky that one of the days i dived with them was the first day after fullmoon, and there were over 10 mantas in manta point at the same time. For the days i dived with them, i felt that the operation was very efficient and professional. Oh, and molamola in crystal bay too

While staying in sanur, i joined blue seaon bali for a day trip to padang bai. The dive was ok. But the worst thing is that after we got on the boat, they forgot the 1st aid kit, we had to wait over an hr for that and the washroom on the boat was not working.

Wow, lucky you! Mola Mola in Menjangan!!! So envious!
Eh, at Tulamben Wreck Divers we were always assigned with own guides, at no extra cost...

We really enjoyed Scuba Seraya on our two visits there (and a third in the planning). Not super "upscale" ie don't expect room service, but the beachfront villas are very nicely appointed, the food is good (but the dining area is not fancy) and the diving is superb. I did a comprehensive write up for Scuba Seraya last year, including resort pix and many other images. You will find it here ---> Awoosh Indonesia

Hope this helps,

J.

Back
Top Bottom