Suggestions For Tattoos Solicited for Scar Screening Sketches.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Moray eel...

something to think about when you are looking for designs......a lot of tattoo artists wont tattoo directly over scar tissue.

im sure you can find some back alley artists to do it....but many good artists wont because scar tissue doesnt accept ink consistently or predictably.

An octopus. The tentacles can be used to cover any direction or scar.

Screenshot_20200728-181704_Pinterest.jpg
Screenshot_20200728-181611_Pinterest.jpg
Screenshot_20200728-181513_Pinterest.jpg
Screenshot_20200728-181427_Pinterest.jpg
Screenshot_20200728-181240_Pinterest.jpg
Mermaid or become the mermaid?

something to think about when you are looking for designs......a lot of tattoo artists wont tattoo directly over scar tissue.

im sure you can find some back alley artists to do it....but many good artists wont because scar tissue doesnt accept ink consistently or predictably.
This is something I wondered about, and even if they DID tattoo over scars, would it wreck pattern. My idea was to get a design that incorporated the scar as a trident staff, lightening or something like that.

This is something I wondered about, and even if they DID tattoo over scars, would it wreck pattern. My idea was to get a design that incorporated the scar as a trident staff, lightening or something like that.
the artists can do a lot to detract from a scar without having to go directly over it, they can use it as negative space, tattoo patterns around it to draw the eye away, ect.

i would recommend getting in touch with a few shops and having a consultation.

if you are in MA, i would look at Helheim in Salem, my GF has a few tattoos from them and they are true professionals who do amazing work.
https://www.helheimgallery.com/

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom