Suggestions For Tattoos Solicited for Scar Screening Sketches.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bubblesong

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
So I got that total hip replacement and I am truly grateful for modern medicine.
But still this 10” long scar along outside of hip is going to show below any female’s bathing suit, (I don’t want to wear board shorts) and once my doctor signs off on it, a single, “watchoolookinat?” tattoo is in the plans.
Suggestions please.

But a thigh version.
Our something cyborgy/biomechanical?

Image deleted at OPs behest, it was pretty gnarly.

My wife has quite a few not necessarily to cover anything up, but beautiful none the less. She (or I) could have never came up with the artistic stuff the tattoo artist did.

She just went to him with ideas and he drew something up. After a few revisions back and forth they would agree on something and she would pull the trigger. She has them on her shoulder, lower back, outer thigh, and both ankles. They're all very artistic and compliment one another in color and style.

Do yourself a favor and really search for a GREAT artist....you'll know when you find one. You'll should be amazed by their work. Don't settle for anything less or you'll regret it.

Feel free to PM me and I'll be happy to put you in touch.

My wife has quite a few not necessarily to cover anything up, but beautiful none the less. She (or I) could have never came up with the artistic stuff the tattoo artist did.

She just went to him with ideas and he drew something up. After a few revisions back and forth they would agree on something and she would pull the trigger. She has them on her shoulder, lower back, outer thigh, and both ankles. They're all very artistic and compliment one another in color and style.

Do yourself a favor and really search for a GREAT artist....you'll know when you find one. You'll should be amazed by their work. Don't settle for anything less or you'll regret it.

Feel free to PM me and I'll be happy to put you in touch.

That's about as good advice as you'll get.
Get the best artist you can afford, bring some ideas / concept with you, and let them show you samples of how they've interpreted your request.
You have to live with this the rest of your life. Anything that won't make you smile or think warmly every time you look at it is, in itself, a scar.

Oh, and congratulations on the surgery.

So I got that total hip replacement and I am truly grateful for modern medicine.
But still this 10” long scar along outside of hip is going to show below any female’s bathing suit, (I don’t want to wear board shorts) and once my doctor signs off on it, a single, “watchoolookinat?” tattoo is in the plans.
Suggestions please.
If you want to make a trip, this guy is phenomenal

Home

No tats for me. Long ago and far away, maybe...

I have a temple carving in my kitchen that I bought from a dear friend.
Temple Carving.jpg
Miss him...
View Shee Jung's Obituary and express your condolences

Birds and Flowers:
Magpie: Birds in Chinese Symbolism
Chrysanthemums: Chrysanthemum Meaning and Symbolism - FTD.com
-might work for you if you turn it into a vine?

Shop the pics around. You will know when you've found a good prospect. A tat stays with you for life.

Let me know if you show up here: Philadelphia ⋆ Villain Arts

Greetings,
I’ve had a scar on my right knee, for the past 18 years for a total knee replacement. Three weeks ago I under went a left hip replacement . I’m still doing physio therapy but I’m looking forward to getting back diving. I’ve never felt the need to hide my scars, but chose to wear them proudly. One can arrive at the end in a body well looked after, or slide in sideways & say “what a ride”!

Mike D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom