Suggestions for exposure suits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The deck of the Mighty "O" is just a few feet deeper than 130 feet which is very doable for recreational divers. FWIW, If I was traveling all the way up to the panhandle, then all the way off shore and paying all that money, I'd be doing more than circling the bridge at 60-80 feet. The sand is at 230 from what I've read so that is obviously a bit below recreational limits, but you could swim the deck and see what there is to see there easily.
If I'm not mistaken the recreational limit for OW is 99' and the limit for AOW is 135' so it is very doable for a AOW diver but not a recreational diver.
I would love to dive the Mighty "O" also, some day.

Different agencies have different depth levels. For PADI it's 60 feet for "Open water diver", and 130 for "Advanced open water diver". I used "recreational diver" as a generic term.

Different agencies have different depth levels. For PADI it's 60 feet for "Open water diver", and 130 for "Advanced open water diver". I used "recreational diver" as a generic term.

NAUI has the same limits. If you guys are interested in trying to get this trip in like in early September or something I will start hunting for charters and rooms and check prices. Then maybe we can get something set up for a weekend or something.

If you guys are interested in trying to get this trip in like in early September or something I will start hunting for charters and rooms and check prices.

Ken is setting up a dive trip eh?

Well, if there is a Bennigans in Pensacola for dinner it's almost certain someone will be having breakfast at the Escambia county jail :D

I was thinking of "recreational" as AOW. (although I think PADI wants people to take a "deep" class after AOW in order to dive in the 100' to 130' range, but I'm not sure anyone actually takes this)

After I thought about it I figgered you where using it as a generic term.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom