Suggestions for diving in Seattle area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mtns2sea:
Have to admit, Bob, that your temp report makes me think twice about diving at all. I have a tendency to turn quite blue in 60 degrees, so 49 is downright frigid. Do most of you dive dry?
Yep, I think most of us do dive dry. Personally, I wouldn't be able to dive locally if I didn't.

I really like Palisades in West Seattle for seafood. The restaurant has a great view and is beautiful inside, and they have some very nice fusion preparations for fresh seafood.

Most people do dive dry, although I see people diving wet quite often. They're braver than I am, although a lot of the last few months, I've been diving wet in a drysuit . . .

I dove a wetsuit for over 200 dives through 2 winters before going dry. Yes, it's cold. But it IS doable, especially for just a couple of dives. The fish & invertebrate life here is well worth being cold for a couple of hours. If you dive wet, be sure to get warm between dives. Now that the weather is getting nicer, that isn't too hard but if it should be a cloudy, chilly day just make sure you have a hat and jacket, possibly gloves, and something warm to drink between dives. Also helps to eat a little something.

I just got certified a few months ago at Alki. We dove in Cove 1 because there is always less people there (for a reason!). I'm going to cove 2 next week for the first time and I hear it is much better. If you are going to do a few shore dives in Seattle and need rental gear, check out Lighthouse Diving on the web. The people at the Seattle store are very knowlageable and nice. There is a store just North of Seattle about 2 miles. You could even take a drysuit orientation there for $100 or so and be warm and toasty!

DiveJockey ~ I am sure you will be impressed with Cove #2. Its one of my favorite sites.. I have been diving Puget Sound since 1997.
I always love diving Cove #2.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom