Suggestions for Brunei/Labuan?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScoobaDoobyDoo

Registered
Reaction score
Hi guys and gals,

Seems like my plans of going to Sipadan are going to be dashed by the almighty dollar (the friend I was going to go with thinks it's not financially feasible for her).

As we are going to be in Brunei a week early for a friends wedding, I was thinking of trying to organsie a dive trip out to Labuan or some other island nearby.

One thing that may limit where and what we can dive, is that my friend is extremely inexperienced (she only got her O/W in April and hasn't dived since), but she assures me she is very comfortable in the water (That might limit or stop me from diving the wrecks out of Labuan).

My first preference would be to get away from Brunei for a couple of days, but worst come to worst.. day trips out of Brunei will have to do .

Do any of you have any suggestions for dive operators out of Brunei/Labuan or suggestions for any other islands etc out of Brunei that would be good for a dive trip (or any other experiences around that region)?

Cheers,
Tony (sigh... so close yet still so far from Sipadan).

There is diving in Labuan, Brunei and Miri.

Labuan used to be run by Borneo divers, but they shutdown the "Tourist" diving and kept the commercial diving going. Having said that I recently heard that a new operator started in Labuan.

Brunei diving is popular among the Shell Staff and British Army folk, if you can hook up with them, it can be very inexpensive. You can look for them in the yacht club in Kuala Belait. The is another operator who has a fancy dive boat, tanks, gear... etc. But he does this for fun more than as a real business, hence his trips out are irregular. His name is Steven Goh and he operates out of Seria, but he keeps his boat in Tutong.

For Miri, there is only one operator and it is Tropical Dives. The shop is located near Park Everly hotel upstairs of Seridan Mulu Travel Agency.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom