Suggestions for a pad under a CAM Band

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cobbonthecorn

Contributor
Reaction score
I just acquired a BP/W and the CAM band pads are missing. (The pads that slip under the cam so the tank doesnÃÕ get scratched.) I know Halcyon has replacements available but at $16 a pair there has to be a good substitute for less money. Any ideas? Other brands? Thanks in advance!

I know you said you won't like the ones from Halcyon, but I have a pair on my Eclipse and they work nicely.

Dive Rite makes a cheap one for under $2. My dive buddy used one just like it on her old single tankband jacket-style BCD. It seemed to do the job. Check out DiveRiteExpress.com for ordering info.

DeepSeaSupply has some nice camstrap tension pads that work great. $10/pr.

I own the Halcyon octo-grip straps. They work fine. I wouldn't pay $16/pair for them, though.

:DGet scubapro style straps instead :dropmouth:

I may not have said it correctly but I would love to get the Halcyon Octo pads. However, $16 is a lot of money for rubber mat. I like the Dive Rite suggestion. Keep'em coming, the more choices the better!

duct tape and a piece of rubber backed carpet?

I think the DR Pad for under $2 is for a pad that you weave your cam band through and helps to keep the tank from slipping/sliding. It does NOT go under the buckle, which is what I think the OP is looking for.

I think the DR Pad for under $2 is for a pad that you weave your cam band through and helps to keep the tank from slipping/sliding. It does NOT go under the buckle, which is what I think the OP is looking for.
@Waterskier1: Good catch. I read the post and thought "non-slip pad." FWIW, I use the Halcyon camband straps with the built-in octogrip and not those slip-on protectors that prevent tank scratching. Never bothered to buy something to prevent tank scratching. I wish the OP good luck in his quest to maintain his tank's sparkly exterior. :D

How do you know they are missing? Were they there when you bought it? If not, they may not be missing but never there in the first place. In that case, you are golden. You don't need them :D

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom