Suggestions for a newbie.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mwhities

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm looking to get a primary and secondary light for diving. I'll soon be taking my AOW and a night dive will be one of the specialities. What does everyone recommend for the primary light? I would like to stay under 100.00 if at all possible for the primary and under 50.00 for the secondary. I'm willing to pay a little more for the primary, as it will be my.... primary light. I guess I'm saying I have a budget of 150.00 for both of my lights.

Remember, I do only have one-arm, so a light that will easily turn on and maybe has clips to enable me to clip it to my bC or what have you.

Thanks,

Michael

Michael,

My suggestion is to hold out for just a few more dollars and get the UK Cannon 1000 HID. Comparably priced lights pale in comparison, and the next jump up is a thousand dollar canister light.

If I couldn't have my 21w salvo and was doomed to a cheep light, this would be my choice.

And check out the changeable handle which might be a plus for you.

Here's a link to one: http://www.joediveramerica.com/page/JDA/PROD/lights/44601

If your budget is really that tight, you might look at the Ikelite lights. My husband has one of them. It cost him about $39, as I recall. It is amazingly bright and has a very well-focused beam. For night diving, I think it's really an excellent value. And it has a switch, rather than a twist head for activation, which I think would be much easier with one hand.

Thanks for everyone's suggestions.

I actually looked at the Sunlight C8 eLED, but I figured to be a little out of my price range. As for the secondary, I did decide on the Mini Q40 eLED. I figured if I can have mount it somewhere and keep my hand free for other things, it will be a good choice.

Thinking about it now, it will only be a few more dollars out of my price range (shipping and tax), but it will be worth it.

Thanks again,

Michael

Oh Michael, you can get the C8 eLCD on Leisurepro for $60, the C8 eLCD Plus is $115. Q40 is $25. If you buy 2 of the Q40 and the C8 eLCD your under budget, if you buy the eLCD plus your $15 over. =)

Add shipping of course, that is if LP doesn't have free shipping at the time of your order.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom