suggestions for a dive trip to BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ogden Point breakwater is a great dive in downtown Victoria with a dive shop on site. Check with them about a dive buddy. Ogden Point Dive Center, Vancouver Island's Premier Dive Center located in Victoria, BC is the shops site. One of my fav shore dives in Victoria is Spring Bay, easy entry, no facilities other than limited parking but lots to see at whatever depth you go to. We checked out Mackenzie Bight last Dec and it was ok too, a bit of a hike to get to. Betty Pratt-Johnson has some good books with details of sites. Also DIVE BC - Scuba Diving - British Columbia has lots of info. Enjoy the diving, it is awesome!!!!

If you are in the Vancouver area, Whitecliff Park at Horseshoe Bay is a nice dive, lots to see along the rocks. Pourteau Cove is another shore dive going up towards Squamish.
Most of the dive shops offer discover local diving dives one of the nights of the week, just check with them. IDC is who I've been with. On the Island in Victoria, check out Ogden Point Breakwater, take your pick of depths and what to look for. Dive shop at the base so check with them about a buddy. Spring Bay is a fav of mine for shore diving in the Victoria area. Hope you have a great time. We usually do.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom