Suggestions for a 10 day trip in May/June 2011?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

May is prime season for great shark and ray action in Malapascua... also you'll get flat seas and hot sunshine.

In addition we can do running water and electricity...so it sounds like your perfect destination :)
"Bad Dave" mentioned that you served strawberry ice-cream as well!!
As for a 10 day trip in Philippine, Malapascua and Moalboal just fit the bill.

Bali is nice but Mola Mola in May!!!!! Sept is better.

Last edited:
Matt, I also saw something on your site about Aphex Twin, The Orb and Nightmares on Wax being available for play in your bar (and more importantly, NO Lady Gaga). I'll be reaching out for a quote soon. If you tell me you serve Harp at the Craic, I'll book today. :)

Haha! Yes Max, we're the 'contemporary' outfit on the island!

Sorry to say there is not so far Harp in the Philippines I don't think. We do have Guiness though - if there's any left after St Paddy's Day :D

Look forward to hopefully meeting you soon.

Matt.

You can fly from SFO to Cebu via Cathy Pacific.

"Bad Dave" mentioned that you served strawberry ice-cream as well!!
As for a 10 day trip in Philippine, Malapascua and Moalboal just fit the bill.

The Craic House restaurant at our place will certainly serve you some special food - including strawberry ice-cream!

Talk about flip-flopping...

When in doubt, trust bien antennata. I've decided on a Tubbataha LOB for 5/21-5/26. Sorry Matt, maybe next time.

I'll be in PI until 5/30 and was looking at diving options after returning to Puerto Princesa. It seems just driving to El Nido for some less than spectacular diving would take something like 6 hours. Nevermind getting up to Busuanga Island for Coron/Apo Reef/etc. So immediately after the LOB, I'll fly back to Manila and travel to Anilao for three days of diving.

Hitting some of the sites around Sombrero Island again...
5551249969_a20955611b_z.jpg

...or Twin Rocks, I'll get over that it's not "new" for me really easily.
5551248167_341f0d2632.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom