Suggestion Suggestion re. New Posts | All Things SCUBA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
eponym

eponym

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I like the "All Things SCUBA" choice on the "New Posts" drop-down menu (at upper left of the screen just under "Home" while viewing a forum). I would like it better if it included new posts from the Marine Science and Physiology forums, particularly Diving Medicine and Ask Dr. Decompression.

Thanks,
Bryan

Are you sure it's not? Right now I can see a new post (Swimmers Ear) from 11:50am from the Diving Medicine forum and I know I've seen the "Dive Computers are untested and unsafe" thread many times in the new posts return.

Pete, et.al.:

I'm definitely not seeing current threads from the Diving Medicine and Ask Dr. Deco forums, which have new posts in them, when I select "All things scuba". Perhaps something in my personal settings needs to be changed?

Thanks for the help,
Bryan

Here is the list of displayed forums:

Type: Posts; Forums: Basic Scuba Discussions , New Divers and Those Considering Diving, Scuba Diving Central, Technical Diving Specialties, Cave Diving, Wreck Diving, Tek Trip Reports, DIR, AUSI: Associated Underwater Scuba Instructors, Wreck Exploration and Expeditions, Public Safety Divers, Training, Practices and Equipment, Ideas and Stories, Dive Related Accidents and Problems, DIR Practitioners Zone, Hogarthian Diving, Divers with Disabilities, Going Pro, Q and A for Scuba Certification Agencies, NACD: National Association for Cave Diving, Artificial Reefs, SDI/TDI/ERDI, NEDU Q&A, Advanced Diver Magazine, SSI: Scuba Schools International, NSS-CDS: National Speleological Society - Cave Diving Section, CMAS AMERICAS, Advanced Scuba Discussions, Trips and Marketplace... Cave Diving, SEI Diving, Dive Flag Awareness, UTD: Unified Team Diving, NAUI Members, Captain's Panel; Posts From Last 5 Days

No. I can see the list of displayed forums at the top of the page, same as what cavediver posted. The list would have to include "Underwater Activities and Specialties" (the parent forum) or "Marine Science and Physiology" (the sub-forum) or the specific forums I mentioned.

But it's no biggie. I just thought those forums would be logical ones to integrate into the "all things scuba" category.

-Bryan

Good work, Howard.
I had to wait a couple of hours but now I can see that the two forums I suggested have been added to the list of forums in "new posts" | "all things scuba".
Thanks,
Bryan

I will have to go through the entire list. The original person who complied that list of "all things scuba" apparently had a different vision for that shortcut.

I will have to go through the entire list. The original person who complied that list of "all things scuba" apparently had a different vision for that shortcut.
Who was the person that set it up and what was their vision?
I see every other scuba related forum and some that might not always be about scuba included but not the vintage divers?
Is there some political bias against that group here or was it a simple oversight?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom