Suggested operators - Lahaina and / or Kapaa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm an operator on Kauai and highly suggest "Dive Maui" www.goscubadivemaui.com, super solid crew! Request Capt James Begeman, he has years of experience in Hawaiian waters and is a whale guru, he'll rock your surface interval! I worked under him on Kona Aggressor and is one of the safest captain I've met. CJ and the rest of the crew will show you Maui underwater better than most. There are a lot of great shops on Maui, but Dive Maui is who I send my customers headed to Maui from Kauai.

Also PM me if you have questions about maui non diving things to do. I've spent a lot of mini vacations over there.
Thanks. I’ll check them out. Looking for dive buddies initially, but hoping that renting cylinders is okay as I teach SDI’s solo course (though dive shops may not care due to local laws). Want to get my weighting squared away first.

I’ve been fortunate to hook up with a local dive group, Maui Mantas, so I’m doing more shore diving. The 10 full cards at Maui Diving Center near Mala Pier is only $50.

I dove with Steve Eddy, of Maui Dive Connection, in Lahaina, & was very pleased with his service & equipment.

Just wanted to back that statement up. Although I dove with Fathom Five, the DM told us he worked for another company who's boat we saw when we were out diving. He had nothing bad to say about the other op - only good things. He indicated there was one thing he liked better with FF, but it was just a preference thing for him.
I am sorry to hear during your adventure that another dive operation was spoken poorly of, I think it says more about the talker than the operation... Bubbles Below has a great team and all operations work together as needed. We hope if you make it back to Kauai you'll call around and make your own judgement. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom