Suggested masks for a "fat head"?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

subvet644

Reaction score
I wear a XXL hood and a hat size at 23 1/4". I started off with a Scuba Max that was wonderful for snorkeling but as I progressed to OW certification, I quickly learned I could not pinch my nose to equalize. I went to a Mares X-vision that solved the equalization issue but I have to keep such a strong vacuum to reduce leakage I get a headache. I like the low volume on the Mares but I'm clearing it every few minutes. Any suggestions to try? Thanks in advance!

I have a huge head (64cm circumfrance), and i have no problems with the tusa visulator.

TUSA Visualator Mask, from one mellon headed diver to another !

I'll third the Tusa Visualator for a fellow pumpkinhead. Also, my back-up Oceanic Shadow is a pretty good fit too, but the Tusa rocks.

visualtor fits me but I like and use the Scuba Pro/Scuba Max Frameless. SP Trindad seems to fit ok, I also REALLY like the new Atomic frameless (just may have to retire my backup mask and put the SP on part time status)

Oceanic Shadow.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom