Suggested Books for Turks & Caicos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

QQQ99999:
mbs,

Also, do you have any tips/suggestions/feedback regarding club med turkoise?

Thanks.
clubmed diving is definitely not going to be as exciting as what you can get with independent operators... But its pretty convenient and thats what clubmed is all about isnt it:) You have 2 choices when you sign up - guided dives or buddy dives. The DMs did not micro manage us, but I know that some are more easy going than others. Also you are correct that you will have access to some of the better dives sites with other op's than clubmed. Price wise the clubmed diving is less than the independents. I kinda felt bad about abandoning them (ok, not that bad since we dove and they didn't:) ), because you get to dive with the people you have been hanging with all week.
Clubmed t&c is a blast. I'm not really into the wacky evening activities, but some of the shows can be fun. The early morning dive boat tends to have the more serious divers who got more than 2 hours of sleep. The late boat has the folks learning and others that couldn't get up for the early one. If you are looking for an all around good vacation with some decent diving this will work fine. If you want hardcore diving go with an independent op. I think your idea of a few days with clubmed and a few with an independent is excellent! You will get to decide for yourself. Sorry, I'm beat and appear to be the last one left in the office so I'm off in search of a beer!

miketsp:
Some of the dives just had nothing to see – maybe a lobster or two. Compared to either Roatan, Antigua, Cozumel, or St Martin - Turks and Caicos diving was a bust and not recommended.

TCI diving is some of the best in the Caribbean. The problem was the operator not the location. If you had checked into Club Med you would have known that they suck and that you had better go elsewhere for your dive operator (ie: Caicos Adventures).

Thanks to all, I appreciate the info.

But I have few more questions:
I am going to Turks & Caicos with a couple that doesn't scuba dive.

Is there good snorkeling on Provo? Any suggestions appreciated.

Anyone know if Club Med offers snorkel trips?

I haven't tried the areas, but a number of locals indicated to me that the best areas off the beach are near The Coral Gardens and Winsong, off Stubbs road from the Lower Bight Road, and Smith's Reef, further down and further out, near Turtle Cove. Both are well down the beach from Club Med. When we dove with Fifi at French Cay, he had a couple of Snorkel / Free Divers who enjoyed the trip. John

Anyone know if there is decent snorkeling on the beach in front of club med?

Back
Top Bottom