Suds

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MikeBsUDS

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
SUDS: Soldiers Undertaking Disabled SCUBA
It's hard to truly do justice to the awesome time my fellow wounded Soldiers and Marines had during Operation Bottom Time. We flew down to The Keys for our first open water adventure, and what an adventure it was. First off, we were diving with Conch Republic Divers out of Tavernier, Fl. SCUBA mom you know we all love you and little beknownst to most of us we were aboard the infamous Capt Gary's boat from Treasure Divers HD. Along for the ride were ScubaBoard's own HowardE and Muggsy you guys are awesome. A fellow by the name of John Chatterton showed up with his lovely wife Carla, and I'm not sure if I'll be able to remember all the knowledge this incredible wreck diver imparted on us all! To receive a diving compliment from one of the greats in the industry is an astounding privilege to say the least. It seemed like all of Key Largo pitched in one way or another to ensure that we had one of the most monumental dive trips one could ever hope for. To include the last day which the ocean poured forth a huge Green Morray Eel, a Sea Turtle, a 4-5 ft Nurse Shark, and a few Rays!
Everyone who supports SUDS is doing more than just helping a disabled vet get some bottom time, they are truly helping all of us to heal our mental wounds, along with learning how to overcome our physical limitations.
Thank you all!

Last edited:
Hi Mike Welcome to Scuba (I'm guessing newly certified) and Welcome to scubaboard. Good to hear about your trip to the Keys!

Mike... Welcome to SB. I'm so glad you signed up for SB. I'm sure you'll have fun here.

I have this picture of you on the Benwood...

mikebsuds.jpg

Awesome man, I should send this to BMW and see what they'll pay me. LOL Thanks for everything!

Yeah Michael,
I really enjoyed reading your post and am so glad you decided to join our community of divers. I thoroughly enjoyed your post, and of course the time myself and Howard were able to spend with you. It truly was an amazing experience and will always be remembered! Thank you so much for such a great week! I hope we can dive again soon, and sorry I gave your suit back...LOL! Anytime you want to go skiing too, we are available, and I know myself (and the entire SUDS group) want to see you soon!
lots of love...

Last edited:
Hey Brother,

Great post and is was our honor and pleasure having you on our boats for the week. It was really a special time for all of us. I look forward seeing all my fellow soldiers and marines again real soon.

Good Diving,

Welcome aboard Mike!

Awesome post and congrats again new diver!! What a great week it was, good diving, new friends and lots of good memories. What a pleasure and honor to have met you! Just the beginning of an amazing journey...... love ya!

Back
Top Bottom