http://www.diveheart.org/

SUDS / OBT needs your help - Dive with Wounded Warriors

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marvel - I just noticed that you put OBT in your sig line. (I did too) :D

Good deal, Howard! I liked your verbiage better than mine... so I stole it.

Now, who's going to drop us down to 97 to go? I can't help but think of the bottles beer on the wall song from HS:

100 donations to SUDS are done
100 donations are done
Another signs up
To help out our boys
99 donations to go

(Oh, Lordy, that is SO hokey... :rofl3:)

Hi Marvel,

Mikes Friend Matt from the old Fort Lauderdale Beach days!!!

What a wonderful organization, as a west coaster I both donated and volunteered to assist west coast divers who cert then come this way. I know, all that fridged water and Great White rumors, but we Nor Cal divers live for our 7 mils and dry suits!

Glad to see SB is getting behind this. Thanks to all that contribute, it does make a difference. And to those who say the Wounded Warriors don't NEED to learn scuba, think of it another way... With thier disability they are doing something that the majority of society won't experience with ALL thier limbs, and surmounting an obsticle that is as much mental as it is physical. Functioning well underwater can lead to better functioning above too!!

Make it 97.

As a veteran, my heart goes out to these guys and gals who have given so much.

Make it 96.

This is awesome! SB has a tradition of rallying around divers in need & those who are chasing a difficult & distant dream of diving. I hope that the guys that are participating in this program become active SB members soon. (hint, John) They'll be going home eventually & what better way for them to already have a bunch of local dive buddies waiting for them!

Mikes Friend Matt from the old Fort Lauderdale Beach days!!!

Good to hear from you Matt! When are you going to get Mike in the water & diving with his SB buddies again? If we don't hear from him soon, I'm going to send him an email & offer to buy those tanks of his! :rofl3:

Thanks, WVMike & Noboundaries. So, who's going to step up & take us down to 95?

Done! This is a special thing for me. I have a son in the military. Thankfully he is not in harms way and may never be unless the Chinese shoot his plane down. I also have a handicapped wife and just passed my YMCA instructors exam. I hope to help with this in the future.

I want to say "thank you" to your son for his service to our country. My son is also active duty- currently in Iraq. He is an Apache Longbow pilot and flies frequently around Baghdad and who knows where else. My heart goes out to all our military, and their families.

I am an HSA Scuba Instructor, but unfortunately have not been close to programs I could get involved with since I got my certification. More and more scuba programs for wounded soldiers are presenting themselves, so I know I will eventually fulfill my desire to give some service back to them, for the many sacrifices of these brave men in women in uniform, and their families.

Done! where are we at now? 94?

I would LOVE to join the dive with this great group of soldiers, but I am currently deployed myself. Hopefully the program will still be around in the 2009/10 season when I get back.

I was wondering if you needed any instructors for your event. I am a PADI OWSI working in Key Largo and would be more than happy to help out some of our country's bravest. Just send me a message!!

Hi Friends,

Can anyone tell me the process or who to contact at the VA to get involved locally with this program. I'm a Vietnam Vet and a new Instructor and I would be honored to give something back for our guys and gals coming back from the Gulf. I live in the Northern California Bay Area.

Thanks,
Greg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom