• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

SUDS / OBT needs your help - Dive with Wounded Warriors

Discussion in 'SUDS - Soldiers Undertaking Disabled Scuba' started by rockwaterx, Feb 25, 2008.

1. ONESPEED

ONESPEED ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives:
    I'm in too, but he also has to lose the beard.

2. Capt Gary

Capt Gary Dive Shop

# of Dives:
    JC,

I'm afraid you might have suffered some hearing lose during all those deep dives, I think I said if everyone comes out to support our troops it would create quite the buzz around the tiki hut.

For the sake of my pony tail you really need to get that hearing thing looked at.

Good Diving/Hunting,

3. The Chairman

The Chairman Chairman of the Board

# of Dives: I just don't log dives
    That has to be one of the THINNEST ponytails I have ever seen. You sure you would miss it? Whats a half dozen hairs between friends? :D

4. cudachaser

cudachaser Instructor, Scuba

# of Dives: I'm a Fish!
    I've left 2 phone messages about trying to help you...but no response. I am an HSAI certified instructor

Call me (321-537-9751) or email

Joe Bartoszek
    Cocoa Beach Scuba Odyssey

5. HowardE

HowardE Diver

# of Dives: 2,500 - 4,999
  6. ketchumid

ketchumid Nassau Grouper

# of Dives: 50 - 99
    A Challenge to SB members. SUDS is a great organization (but they may be too polite to ask for $$)

I was introduced to the good work they do through JC's post on scubaboard earlier this year. Being land locked in Sun Valley Idaho I can't make it down to sunshine Key Largo but I just visited the SUDs DIVING website and made a quick paypal donation. SUDS Diving > Welcome to SUDS

If you're passionate about Scuba and doing something worthwhile I would encourage you to take just a second and join in their efforts by making a donation. It would be great to see 100 SB community members pony up with a donation for this event and to also show our commitment for the work they do with these deserving soldiers.

Just a little donation from many goes a long way, ($5- $10- $20- $100 whatever)

If you make a donation just respond on this post (keep amounts anonymous) and lets see if we can get 100 members to do it!!!

99 to go

7. The Chairman

The Chairman Chairman of the Board

# of Dives: I just don't log dives
    It's so important ketchumid and I hope that ScubaBoardians take your challenge seriously. :D

8. Chatterton

Chatterton Tech Instructor

# of Dives: I'm a Fish!
    It would be nice if the govenment could handle this, but they can't. It is up to our community to do something. Unfortunately, SUDS needs support, and money to put these veterans in the water. I would urge everyone to do what they can. If you can come down to the Keys for OTB, please come.

Cheers

JC

9. Marvel

Marvel Just me ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    I could not agree more. 98 to go.

10. HowardE

HowardE Diver

# of Dives: 2,500 - 4,999
    Marvel - I just noticed that you put OBT in your sig line. (I did too) :D