sudden uncontrolled ascent!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There is the method to test it consisting of taking a breath at the surface, wearing loads of lead, going down to 7m rapidly by dumping the wing then at the bottom fully inflating the wing (dual bladder even better) while at same time dumping that weight.

And yes its really really hard (likely impossible) to breach entirely. Best ive seen is up to the waist. The sheer drag of water prevents enough inertia or speed from being gained to do any more.

Oh yeah and for me, missed deco means im going back down to try to clear it and NOT staying sat on the boat just waiting for the bend to happen.

A dual bladder wing cannot be inflated any more than a single bladder wing. Think real hard about that :D

I have a bit over 100 dives under my belt and was out of it for a few years before getting back in. One problem I always has when first starting was using my BC for all my up/down control versus, just swimming. What I found is that if you just swim to make minor adjustments, it all works better. I always had a bad habit of wanting to add air to start my ascent vs. just swimming up and let physics take over. Actually, you'll find that if you swim up with your finger on the deflate instead of the inflate, it all works out better and you really won't have to give it much if any air. Practice practice. I've been spending quite a bit of time in a deep scuba pool at my local shop just getting my control back. Glad I'm back though! And for sure, practice dumping with all your valves and from different angles. Enjoy and keep learning!

Hi to be totally honest I can't see why your instructor would take you on a 90feet dive without having enough dive experience. buoyancy is something you can spot straight away in a diver.
the important matter is that your ok. remember inflate a little and wait a few seconds

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom