Question Subsurface Why my gas consumption line change color

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mario007

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have attached my log file, i don't understand why the line that track the gas is different color between the dives loged?
i always used a 15lt Tank and to put the data i simply check my spg at the beging and in the end of each dive

Attachments

• my log.zip
    2.5 KB · Views: 60
My suspicion: the dive points in the log don't seem to include the final ascent to the surface, which are "filled in" using the ascent & SAC rates detailed in the Planner. This impacts the average consumption, and the graph color corresponds to the deviation from that average (green is below average, red is above).

Try including the final ascent when recording the profile and see if that doesn't make the color more consistent.

My suspicion: the dive points in the log don't seem to include the final ascent to the surface, which are "filled in" using the ascent & SAC rates detailed in the Planner. This impacts the average consumption, and the graph color corresponds to the deviation from that average (green is below average, red is above).

Try including the final ascent when recording the profile and see if that doesn't make the color more consistent.
How to do that?

How are you getting your profiles into Subsurface? I took the small number of constant depth sections to mean you are manually inputting depths and times (as opposed to importing from a dive computer). If that's true, just put the surface (0 m) as the final depth.

How are you getting your profiles into Subsurface? I took the small number of constant depth sections to mean you are manually inputting depths and times (as opposed to importing from a dive computer). If that's true, just put the surface (0 m) as the final depth.
No I actually put only the max depth of the dive, and the SF makes the profile by itself. So if I understood correctly you suggest to add a point in the profile with 0m?

OP, I don't understand the log files versus what you say.
Log file says max depth for all dives is 65.734m. Really? The log file show max depths between 7.7 and 38m.
Log file says ending pressure is 1.0 bar on first few dives. Really?

Your log files all show your fina depth 0m; that does not beed to be donbe by hand.

Are these artificial profiles, or real dives?

Log file says max depth for all dives is 65.734m.
That is in the cylinder information line and I believe corresponds to the MOD (no issue). No idea about the low ending pressures.

No I actually put only the max depth of the dive
Ah, I understand better now. In that case, I don't think there's much you can do about the color of the gas line. I suspect the variation in color is due to roundoff error since the color spectrum is scaled between a range of +- 0 liters/min about the mean.

You might try posting this to the support group. It may even prompt a code change, as it seems like a pretty easy fix.

I checked mine and since I download the dives from my AI computer, the air pressure line changes colors constantly on each dive. If I understand the manual for Subsurface, the color indicates the GF for the dive at any given point. Seeing that the OP has manually entered square dive profiles, Subsurface doesn't know how to interpret that so just shows a solid 1 color line based on the info entered.

That's all I got.

I noticed on the mobile app, with the same dives, via clouds. The colour is fine start in green and change to red. So must be a setting in the pc software

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom